Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family Trip to Sequoia National Forest

This weekend we took a family trip to the Sequoia National Forest. It is only 1 1/2-2 hrs from our house, and it was such a fun escape. It is really impossible to grasp how huge these trees are without seeing them in person. If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend going. They are the biggest trees in the world!! It made me wish I had a camera fit to take pictures here (guess what I am asking for 4 Christmas)

We saw 3 bears, one was only within feet on the kids and I. Of course we were eating our food. I said to the kids "Grab your food and RUN!!" and we ran the other direction. All the time the kids food was flying out of their boxes, leaving a trail. LOL!




3 kiddos by the base of one of the giants...



Abby and Ethan inside one of the trees that has fallen



Love this pic of Ethan and daddy (he is such a daddy's boy) by the overturned tree



Look how tiny we are compared to this tree!




Anna and Abby in the middle of a double tree


1 comment:

Erin said...

That is a place I've never been, but would love to go to. The kids look SO small compared to those trees! I'm glad you are back to the blogging world...I missed you!